ERMI Mold Testing
ERMI Mold Testing results simply means you need to clean your house. It does not show you in any shape or manner that you have a mold problem. Pretty big statement right, we have been inspecting houses for over 25 years and have never done one ERMI Mold Testing. Why you ask? Let’s use some common sense and quit with the BS that is everywhere regarding mold.
If you do an ERMI Mold Testing, you are sampling everything that ever came into your home. The following will explain why we do not recommend ERMI Mold Testing:
1. Mold Spores are in the air everywhere you go, it gets on your clothes and you bring it into your home this way. It is on your pets when they go in the yard.
2. Mold Spores are on the ground and your shoes pick it up and you bring it into your home on the bottoms of your shoes. Even if you leave them at the front door.
3. The wind blows mold spores around in the air and when you open your front door or window, it comes into your home.
4. Mold spores are on the groceries you bring into your home every week you go grocery shopping, including Whole Foods or any other Natural Health Food Store.
5. Mold spores are a part of nature and not something to be fearful of. They are the Earth’s Recycling System of Mother Nature.
A mold problem is caused by water intrusion or high humidity, not mold spores. Mold Spores need water to germinate and grow. Mold Spores are seeds waiting for water or high humidity to germinate. No Moisture, No Mold is our motto.
If you have a dirty house, which about 70% of all the homes we have investigated, you need to clean your house. It is what we call a “Dirty House Syndrome” due to poor housekeeping. When we say clean, we mean using a HEPA Vacuum, not one of those cheap vacuums that blows mold spores around your home. We only recommend the Miele, why, that what we use to clean our house.
People who are mold sensitive are inhaling these spores into their sinuses, throats or lungs which are all wet with moisture. These spores will germinate in these areas and cause irritation. These spores do not bother a regular person, only someone who has a medical issue.
If you believe you are having a medical issue with mold, we recommend you consulate a competent Doctor who understands the life cycle of mold growth. Talk to any Microbiologist, they will tell you the same thing about mold spores. It requires water to grow or high humidity to germinate.
It is time that people use some “Common Sense” and not have an emotional reaction concerning mold spores. This is only the beginning of our series on dealing with “Real Life” and not the “Fake News” regarding mold spores.
If you have any questions regarding ERMI Mold Testing, feel free to contact us regarding this issue for clarification at (954) 531-6476. We are not Doctors but Mold Investigators, if you feel you have a problem, see a Physician immediately.