Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide

If you own a gas stove like a lot of our clients do, it is possible to get Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. The beginning symptoms include headache and shortness of breath. If you do not fix the problem, it will get worse with fatigue, nausea and dizziness. Your coordination can also be affected along with a sense of confusion mentally. If you get too much exposure, this can lead to fainting or possible death. This is why we always recommend a Carbon Monoxide Detector or CO if you have a gas stove.

There are ways to Minimize your risks of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:

1. The Exhaust Fan should always be on. It should exhaust to the exterior of your house.
2. Cook on burners that are directly under the exhaust fan.
3. If you do not have an exhaust fan that exhaust to exterior, install one immediately.
4. Have a qualified contractor check your gas range on a regular basis to check for leaks.
5. Do not use your gas stove to heat your Kitchen. Always use caution when using a gas stove in an Air Conditioned house.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning